All coaching participants and parents/guardians should be familiar with the player guidelines produced by Ulster tennis. Player guidelines were emailed to club members on the 19th.
Coaching is strictly for members only.
Lessons that can be given:
- Two people sharing a lesson from different household’s. Participants will always be opposite ends of the court.
- Up to three members of the same household.
- Will abide by the Ulster tennis guidelines for coaching.
- Will keep up to date and accurate records of lesson names dates and times for the purpose of contact tracing requirements.
The following are just some of the guidelines from the Ulster tennis document and some guidelines specifically applicable to our club.
Remember that at all times social distancing should be observed.
Before leaving home
- The clubhouse is closed so there will be no changing or bathroom facilities.
- Players should bring their own water with them.
- Players should bring their own sanitizer.
- If paying by cash please have the exact amount with you.
- In this phase, Parents/guardians have to be present for junior coaching sessions. Parents can wait in the car park or outside the fence while maintaining social distancing.
- Players may wish to bring some of their own tennis balls for serving. (This will be clarified under the “tennis ball” heading).
- Lesson times will be separated with a 10 minute buffer.
- Players must arrive no sooner than 5 minutes before their lesson.
Arriving at the club
- The coach will inform you in advance what court your lesson will be on.
- If your lesson is shared with someone from a different household social distancing must be maintained when entering and exiting the court.
- Sanitize hands before entering.
- Gates are always propped open to allow players to enter their court without touching the gates.
- If your lesson is on court 1,2 or 3. Entry to these courts is via a one way system. The entry gate is the small gate at the back of court 1 and the exit gate is at the side of court 1.
- If you are entering or exiting across courts where other players are playing you must wait for a break in play and ask permission to cross the court.
During the lesson
- The coach will always maintain social distancing.
- Players will immediately inform the coach if they begin to feel unwell.
- Players will not touch any court/coaching equipment. For example- net post, cones etc.
- The student will not touch the tennis balls.
- When tennis balls are being collected, the student will kick or “hockey” the balls to the net from their side of the court and the coach will collect them.
- Students can bring some of their own tennis balls for the purpose of serving. The coach will not touch these tennis balls.
- The coach will have a separate number of tennis balls that have been disinfected available for serving if the student does not have their own. The coach will not touch these tennis balls. These tennis balls will be used for one lesson only and a new supply of disinfected tennis balls will be used for subsequent lessons.
After the lesson
- If paying with cash this should be left on the ground or appropriate place for the coach to pick up.
- Hands should be sanitized.
- Exit via the appropriate gate keeping in mind court etiquette if crossing playing courts.